Bethlehem Mayor J. William Reynolds: “Projects Like These Demonstrate How Critical it is to Have an Effective Lawmaker, Like Casey, Representing Us on Capitol Hill.”
PENNSYLVANIA – Bethlehem Mayor J. William Reynolds recently praised Senator Bob Casey for delivering $9.9 million in federal funding to upgrade Bethlehem’s busiest street. Senator Casey’s effective leadership is delivering billions of dollars in critical funding for all of Pennsylvania.
Read What Pennsylvanians Are Saying About Senator Casey’s Leadership:
Lehigh Valley Express-Times: Mayor J. William Reynolds: Thank Sen. Casey for $9.9M grant that will transform Bethlehem’s West Broad Street
- Just recently, Bethlehem received $9.9 million in federal funding to upgrade one of our city’s busiest streets, West Broad Street.
- As I said the day of the announcement, this is going to be transformative for the Bethlehem community. West Broad Street will have improved crosswalks, bike lanes, and curbs that will make it friendlier – and most importantly even safer – for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Many people worked together to make this project a reality, including U.S. Rep. Susan Wild, D-Lehigh Valley, but we would not have been able to break ground without U.S. Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa.
- Casey was decisive in working on and successfully passing the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act that created the Safer Streets Program, which funded this improvement.
- Not only did Casey fight to pass this law, he advocated at the federal level to bring this money back to Bethlehem. Projects like these demonstrate how critical it is to have an effective lawmaker, like Casey, representing us on Capitol Hill.
- While Washington D.C. can feel far for us, Bethlehem and Pennsylvania never feel far away for Casey. He has delivered millions of dollars for big projects in communities across our Commonwealth because he’s always thinking about how he can deliver for Pennsylvanians.