Casey: “I won’t back down from any fight for communities and families across our Commonwealth.”
Scranton, PA – Today, Senator Bob Casey launched his re-election campaign for the U.S. Senate.
“I’m running for re-election because with so much on the line for Pennsylvania’s working families, I want to keep delivering results for Pennsylvania,” said Bob Casey. “There’s still more work to cut through the gridlock, stand up to powerful corporate special interests, and make the lives of hardworking Pennsylvanians a little bit easier. I won’t back down from any fight for communities and families across our Commonwealth.”
A proven fighter for Pennsylvania families, some of Senator Casey’s most notable accomplishments include:
- Taking on China and protecting Pennsylvania jobs. He fought to pass the CHIPS Act to give American workers a leg up and is fighting back against unfair trade practices by China.
- Breaking through Washington gridlock to make a meaningful difference in Pennsylvanians’ lives. Bob Casey fought to pass landmark legislation to cap the cost of insulin for seniors and expand access to veterans’ health care.
- Delivering investments and federal dollars back to Pennsylvania. He’s bringing billions in infrastructure investments to the Commonwealth, including fully funding the Montgomery Locks and Dam project on the Upper Ohio in the first year of the infrastructure law.
- Standing up for Pennsylvania’s children and families. Bob Casey is helping parents with the cost of raising kids by fighting to make child care more affordable and he’s keeping children safe by passing the STURDY Act, a law to strengthen safety standards to stop furniture accidents that have devastated too many families. He also fought to pass his bipartisan Pregnant Workers Fairness Act which helps ensure pregnant workers are treated fairly on the job.
- Fighting for our seniors. As the Chair of the Senate Aging Committee, Bob Casey is a relentless champion for seniors. He’s standing up to Wall Street banks in order to protect pensions, and opposing efforts to privatize Social Security in the stock market.
Bob Casey always stands up for working families, and that’s why Pennsylvanians trust him to fight for them in the Senate. He’s spent his life fighting against the ultra-wealthy and special interests that threaten Pennsylvania’s hardworking people – from countries like China that threaten our jobs, to big insurance companies that are raising our health care costs.
The first and only person to have won six statewide elections in Pennsylvania, Bob Casey has built a winning coalition made up of Pennsylvanians from Erie County to Delaware County. He stands ready to do that again in 2024.